A UK based company (limited by shares and with a social arm) of artistic creation specialising in publishing and related live performance.
With a focus on spoken word poetry, via extensive networking UWC provides opportunities to be published and feature in live showcases and events, Articles & Blogs, Radio, and as part of YouTube content.
1. LEGAL STRUCTURE
4. Board Provisions and Powers
5. We also possess an Equal Opps, Health and Safety and Data Protection Policies, available on request.
1. LEGAL STRUCTURE UWC is an incorporated company ltd by shares with social aims
· Director/Chair: Kabbo Ferdinand.
· Director/PSP/Treasurer: Shaun Clarke
· Secretary/PSP/Shareholder: Laura Mckeown
UWC exposes and promotes artists - specifically platform artistically and culturally diverse poets though publishing and live showcase opportunities. We believe multi-cultured poetic voices can help to redress a racially, economically and culturally bias society within the UK.
a. Financial income will primarily be generated via book sales and live showcases opportunities.
b. The UWC management board consists of Chair, Secretary and Treasurer have been nominated and elected 22nd October 2017 at members meeting.
c. The UWC board will meet twice monthly on the 1st and 3rd Sunday, with 1 meeting being open to general members. At least one day notice would be required if unable to attend except in extremely difficult circumstances.
d. Members should be affiliated to UWC via projects or project activity – currently Lyrically Justified publications and Showcases
e. Decisions will be made and disputes will be resolved via membership majority voting
f. Board accountability is ensured via a reporting system which requires a proposal that is approved by majority general membership vote
4. Provisions of UWC Board Members
· Obliged to act in accordance with the following provisions as agreed by general membership and dictated by the Company articles of association (attached).
· Reserve the right to employ paid and voluntary staff as and when required in direct relation to UWC objectives
The group shall have the following powers to:
A) raise funds and apply for, invite, obtain, collect and receive contributions, grants, subscriptions, fees & otherwise
B) employ any paid worker to assist in the attainment of the aims of the group
C) rent or own property and equipment necessary to achieve the aims
D) affiliate to any local or national group or association that the Management Committee decides is appropriate and disaffiliate from any group or organisation if continued affiliation be, in the Management Committee’s view, against the interests of the group
E) do all such other lawful things as shall further the attainment of the aims